Wednesday, August 5, 2009

New month, new ideas, new goals

I'm excited about this month! I like planning and I like when plans come together. The great thing is that if my plans come together, my debt is going to dwindle. May hard work and crossing fingers commence.

I remember reading in Rich Dad, Poor Dad, that most people who made good money and had financial security had 5 income streams. This is going to be my major area of focus this month. I have some ideas that I like and I'm trying to find ways to really work hard and add income doing things I really enjoy, as well.

Income Stream 1 - This is going to be my real live day job. I've got strong job security and the odds of a year end bonus are very good at this point!

Income Stream 2 - Greeting cards business. I just became a distributor for a greeting cards company last week and I am REALLY excited about it. There is a very good potential to make a lot of money here. It's network marketing based and the product is easily marketable to businesses, it's fun. Think Tupperware, Pampered Chef, or Silpada only a lot easier and with much better residual income. There was really low out of pocket costs to get started and, if I can work hard, should make back my investment by the end of the month. My goal is to get two distributors under me by month end. My coach will be incredibly helpful in getting that done.
Income Stream 3 - Did you know that The Little Dough Girl is a creative freak? No! It's true! I can seriously get my Martha on. I make jewelry, clever saying cards, iPod covers and a bunch of other fun stuff. The cool part is that it's fun and I like to make stuff while watching football. Sweet. So I'm setting up an Etsy shop and getting to it. I want to go with the tag line of nothing over $20. Income Stream 4 - Ebay. I have been selling stuff for the last few months and it works! The only problem I have is not having the money to buy the items I need to resell. Let me just say that I have found a product that women love that costs a lot that I can get for incredible sales prices. No, I'm not telling you what it is! But, by the end of the year, if I can keep rolling any income toward buying more product, I could be looking at $500 a month easy.

Income Stream 5 - Blogging. I have a few niche blogs that I am going to get started later in the month. I'm excited about trying it but I need to learn much more about SEO first. If people can't find my blog in web searches, I'll never be successful. I'm not looking to be the next John Chow, but $100 a month would make me happy.

It's a lot going on. None of these are an overwhelming amount of time. Well, other than my 40 hour a week job. I'm willing to do the hard work. I know that getting started is the hardest part. The biggest obstacle is going to be keeping my energy and excitement up. If I see some results, I'll be able to do that. Ahhhh, the vicious cycle...

1 comment:

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

You go little dough girl! make that money!!